BACK YARD

BACK YARD
Watercolor Painting of my back yard in Northern California

Thursday, May 12, 2022

FEAST OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA, 2022

 



The thing I particularly love about the Fatima apparitions is that they were witnessed by multiple people. In the case of the picture, above, which appeared in a newspaper of the day, in 1917, thousands of people witnessed "The Miracle of the Sun" for which there was advance notice...thus the presence of all these people who watched the sun dance in the sky.

I understand skepticism about apparitions, especially some of recent note that appeared to be somewhat shady - but what about a miracle witnessed in the modern age by thousands of people and reported on by the media? What about that?

My personal "take" on miracles is they usually happen to strengthen the faith and the resolve of the people. I suppose they serve to interest others in the spiritual life, but for me, it gives me something to hold onto in my dark days.

Lately, I am having some dark days. Lots of pain, the disabilities are making it more and more difficult for me to move around, and I cannot do many things I used to be able to do. I fight off an uncharacteristic depression, and thinking about the miracle of the sun really helps to buoy my spirits.

FORTUNATELY, I can still write and paint. I am working on that novel and organizing my painting table so that I can start painting the series of small paintings from some photographs I have taken that feature the Southwestern sky.

I AM RESURRECTING THE JEWELRY MAKING: When I lived in Northern California, I used to sell necklaces that featured gemstones. I am now learning wire-wrapping and plan to be selling my things at a local store that takes their wares to an art show on the weekends. I will also sell to personal friends and readers of my blog who show interest. When I have a few things produced, I will post them here and on Facebook.

THE HOUSE IS IN CHAOS, however. I have tried for so long to get some help cleaning, and except for a few visits from a kind friend who brought me groceries and paper goods and did some of my dishes, I have no help. (You have heard this song before.) If I sell the novel and if it does well (likewise with the jewelry) I may make enough money to move into a more appropriate situation and pay for some help in the house.

BUYING A PROPERTY AND SHARING IT WITH OTHER RELIGIOUS LADIES had been my dream for years, but I am obviously having to scale back my dreams and goals. I will be 68 this year so, while I AM slowing down with age and pain, I have lots of plans for the future. I just have to make sure they are reasonable, attainable goals.

IN THE MEANTIME, IT IS TIME TO FLOG THE WISH LIST AGAIN: I try really hard to be as independent as possible, but there is only so much I can do. I regularly "fall behind" with food and vitamin items, so I offer here a link to my wish list:

WISH LIST FOR FOOD & HOUSEHOLD

THANKS SO MUCH to my readers for your help throughout the years. As you know, "the government" does not do much toward helping senior ladies like me. It is one of America's dirty little secrets. I have a couple friends here in town who help me whenever they possibly can, but I hate to have them burdened with me and hope that others will chip in a little bit.

I suppose if I had not been written out of my father's will after he got Alzheimer's or if I had been married to a financially stable man rather than spending most of my time as a monastic, things would be different for me, but we must deal with what IS, right?

With the observance of the feast day of Our Lady of Fatima, I feel confident it will all work out. I am being watched over and protected, and all of YOU are part of that.

God bless us all!

Silver "Rose" 



No comments:

Post a Comment