BACK YARD

BACK YARD
Watercolor Painting of my back yard in Northern California

Sunday, October 11, 2020

NEW DIRECTIONS

 




I have enjoyed writing my diary entries and publishing them here, but just like yesterdays newspaper that today is used to wrap the table scraps for disposal, this blog has grown stale. I have less news to share, as the days wear on, because I am doing nothing but meditating and praying, creating art works, and doing some housework on the side.

The book I began years ago has ALSO begun to accumulate some dust, and I am beginning to wonder if I have enough interest in it to finish it - but, more important, whether or not there is anything of sufficient value to put out into society.

Most pertinent, however, is the fact that I have lost most of my vision in my left eye. It is as if I am trying to gaze through a puddle of water. This makes it very difficult to see my work here. I am still able to type without looking at the keyboard, but peering at the computer screen has become a headache.

The time has come to order my life toward accommodating the loss of vision. Thanks be to God, I don't need my eyes to meditate or pray - but everything else has become more complicated.

It is possible I will start an entirely NEW blog with another focus. But I need to rest for a while first.

In the meantime, feel free to wander over to my Facebook page and we can chat there. If you have any meditation questions, I will be available for recommendations.

God bless us all.

Silver

Sannyasini Kaliprana

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sister,
    You are brave and I will never complain about the minor losses of mobility or changes in vision because I see how you carry on. I wish you could zoom with my class and teach us all how to meditate, i teach thursday 4 - 9
    We do class by Zoom,
    God blesses me with your friendship, so sharp with a fine mind and so reigned in by the physical changes and loss of mobility but not your freedom.
    Keeping you in my prayers
    I hope we can talk soon,
    Peace of Christ,
    iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, my friend. I HAVE considered teaching meditation again but I am not yet sure how I would like to do it. I used to teach meditation classes here in town....YEARS AGO. I'll have to give it some thought.

    Please pray for me, as I pray for you!

    God bless,
    Silver Rose

    ReplyDelete