BACK YARD

BACK YARD
Watercolor Painting of my back yard in Northern California

Thursday, December 1, 2022

START THE NEW YEAR AS A SLAVE TO MARY

 



Some years ago, I made my consecration to Mary, but it was rushed, so I feel called to do it again - a refresher, which is a common thing to do. Some people regularly repeat the cycle, delving deeper and deeper into their spiritual life.

- First, between now and December 31, my plan is to re-read "St. Louis de Montfort - The Story of Our Lady's Slave," by Mary Fabyan Windeatt.

Available at Amazon, book and kindle forms: ST LOUIS DE MONTFORT - THE STORY OF OUR LADY'S SLAVE

- Then begins one of six suggested cycles of prayer listed in the companion book, Preparation for Total Consecration according to Saint Louis Marie de Montfort - published by Montfort Publications.

Available at Amazon: PREPARATION FOR TOTAL CONSECRATION

In addition, I recommend that you be sure to make a good confession at least once before you start the actual preparation exercises on December 31. There's not much point in doing it if not in a state of grace.  We want to give to God a bright and shiny spirit, right?

In the front of the second book I mentioned, above, there is a chart of 6 suggested schedules of preparation. I noticed that December 31 is the start of the next one, which dovetails with my typical "New Year" practices. Throughout my life, it has been my habit to celebrate the holiday with prayers and visualizations about how I am going to better myself.  I have never been interested in drinking and carousing, I am not fond of crowds, and the idea of getting on the road for any activity at a time when so many inebriated people are behind the wheel is not something I want to do. Now that I am mostly blind in one eye and I am over 60, my ability to drive at night is impaired anyway.  Definitely not a party girl!

I will be happy to join with you to whatever extent you would like to do that. I've always thought it would have been inspiring to have others involved when I did my consecration.  But it did not work out.  Perhaps now, someone will show up.  You can contact me about this on Facebook or here, in a comment. (Comments are not published automatically.) I read them and only publish them if that is the intention and we both feel it would be helpful to others.

God bless you all!

Silver Rose

                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment